About this programme
Discover what it truly means to be a part of a global law firm with our Insight Programme. Immerse yourself in practical workshops, panel discussions and much more.
The DLA Piper Insight Programme brings together university students from across the UK and Ireland who are interested in a career in Law. The students who attend the programme are from a mix of different universities and degree backgrounds, providing you with the opportunity to network with other likeminded individuals in our London office.
Our onsite Insight Programme offers students an insight into life at a global law firm. Our programme includes:
- An insight to DLA Piper, our practice groups and our global scale and reach in the legal sector
- An interactive legal case-study
- Professional skills training, including advice on how to excel in our application process
- The opportunity to meet senior representatives and current trainees
Our 2024 Insight Programme will be hosted during the Easter break in our London office.
This programme is perfect for those that are interested in finding out more about DLA Piper and our Summer Internship programme.
Furthermore, upon completion of the program you will qualify to submit a priority application for a Summer 2025 Internship at any of our participating offices, provided you have the right to work in your chosen location
Am I eligible?
- Studying a law degree: you can apply for the programme if you are a first-year student on a three-year course or a second-year student on a four year course
- Studying a non-law degree: you can apply for the programme if you are a second-year student on a three year course or a third-year student on a four year course
- Open to students from any degree background at universities across the UK and Ireland. Please note if you are studying abroad at the time of Insight Programme you will need to have the right to work in the UK.
Programme runs: Spring 2024
Applications open: 15th September 2023
- Deadline: We recruit on a rolling basis, and therefore would encourage early applications. Once we have enough applications for the Insight Programme applications will close.
Watch highlights from our three-day Insight Programme 2023, where we welcomed 100 students from 32 different universities across the UK and Ireland. First and second-year students gained insights into life at a global commercial law firm. The attendees heard from current trainees and senior leaders within the firm, giving them an in-depth overview of our practice groups, innovation at DLA Piper, sustainability & resilience, inclusion & diversity and interactive workshops to provide them with professional skills training.
We are committed to employing people with diverse skills and experiences.
We strongly encourage you to share any adjustments that will support your participation in our recruitment process.
If you do require adjustments at any stage of our process, please share this information in your application form. This will only be seen by the Early Careers Team who will do all we can to support you.
DLA Piper was a founding legal industry member of MyPlus Students Club. You can read more about our partnership here.
Our application form will capture some key information regarding yourself and will also ask you to submit an answer to our application question regarding your motivations to apply to DLA Piper. We will also ask you to submit a CV.
DLA Piper is proud to use the Rare Contextual Recruitment System (CRS). We will ask all applicants to complete a contextualised information survey, which is not mandatory. The CRS allows us to understand each candidate’s achievements in the context that they have been gained. We understand that not all candidate’s achievements look the same on paper – and we want to recruit the best people, regardless of their background.
The Watson Glaser online assessment is untimed and to be completed at your own pace. However, you must complete your assessment within five working days of receiving the link.
There are various practice Watson Glaser assessments available online and we would recommend spending some time practising these to familiarise yourself with the types of questions you may be asked. You will also be sent a link from us with a further practice assessment you can take before undertaking the final assessment.
The video interview has been developed to assess your motivations and alignment to the role you have applied for. It will consist of three questions which are focused on the behaviours which are important to be successful at DLA Piper.
Ready to shape your future with DLA Piper?Apply now
Frequently asked questions
What are the benefits of applying for your Insight Programme?
Our Insight programme is designed to give you a look into what a career at DLA Piper is really like.
The programme will provide a great introduction to the legal sector and our practice groups. It will also help build your confidence and your professional skills and workplace capability.
Who qualifies to apply for your Insight Programme?
Our Insight Programme is open to both law and non-law students and we do not have academic entry requirements for this programme.
If you are studying a law degree, you can apply for the programme if you are a first-year student on a three-year course or a second-year student on a four-year course.
If you are studying a non-law degree, you can apply for the programme if you are a second-year student on a three-year course or a third-year student on a four-year course.
What do you look for in Insight Programme applicants?
We are looking for individuals who can collaborate, be bold, supportive, and exceptional and are committed learning more and pursuing a career with DLA Piper.
We do not have minimum academic requirements at undergraduate level. If you do have any mitigating circumstances that you would like to be taken into consideration alongside your application, please contact us to discuss further.
What does your Insight Programme cover?
Our Insight Programme is open to both law and non-law students. It's designed to give you an insight into life at DLA Piper.
The programme includes:
- An insight to DLA Piper and what values the firm stands for
- Our approach to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Our practice groups and innovation in the legal sector
- An interactive case study that brings the organisation and the work we do to life
- Professional skills training including advice on how to excel in our selection process
- The opportunity to meet and engage with senior representatives and current trainees
Will travel and accommodation be covered for anyone travelling outside of London?
Yes, accommodation and all reasonable travel costs will be covered. We will also provide you with breakfast, lunch and dinner on the programme as well.